What makes Usborne Books SO great?!
All books are created equal, right?! I really didn’t put too much thought into it until I discovered Usborne Books & More! I used to just browse around the bookstore or Amazon looking for fun, bright colored covers, catchy titles or books that I remember as a child. When I describe the books to newbies, questions come up like… What makes Usborne Books SO great? The list is long, but I’ll keep it to just a handful of reasons why Usborne Books are among the best in the industry!
- Interactive: I’ll be honest. This is what caught my attention first. I was blown away that Usborne Books are more than just books. They’re REALLY FUN. They’re interactive. They’re intriguing. I wanted to play with them so I knew my kids would want to play with them, as well! Many of our titles include ideal picture-to-text ratios for the targeted age, as well as flaps, fold-out pages, question-and-answer format and fun features that attract children (and adults) to them and help retain information. Whether you’re reading with a flashlight discovering hidden images in the shine-a-light books, driving a vehicle around the busy books or mixing up pages in the Muddle & Match books, these books are interactive and engaging!
- Commercial-free: You’re not going to find the latest Disney character’s book or your child’s favorite cartoon in our catalog. As much as my kids are fans of Danny Tiger and the new Trolls movie, there’s something about commercial-free books that feel more wholesome. Without any corporate marketing or media tie-ins, we are reading to read and are enjoying letting their imagination run and being introduced to new fictional characters like Billie B and her neighbor Jack. Plus, the selection of non-fiction titles is unparalleled. Finding good, fun and engaging non-fiction is hard work! Usborne Books knocks this out the park.
- International Authors: While many books released from Usborne Publishing are written by UK authors, Kane Miller Publishing provides books written by authors from around the world, providing young readers access to different world views and ideas. Check out the latest catalog to search for authors by country.
- Replacement Policy: Where else can you replace a book for half the cost when a flap is torn off the page, a cup of sticky juice is spilled or it is loved on (and maybe chewed on) so much that pages begin to fall out? Since we’re also moms, we get it! And, we’re going to hook you up because kids can be rough on books. Need a new copy of your Usborne or Kane Miller book? Just contact me and I’ll be happy to get you a new one for just 50% the retail price.
- Shop Small: Every Usborne Books & More consultant is running their own business. You’re supporting your local economy and helping a mom pay for dance classes, save for a family trip or pay for preschool tuition (and, we know that’s not cheap!). When you buy a book from me, you can expect personal recommendations, the best customer service and you might just get a bonus book because I like you. When is the last time a big box store did that for you? 😉
Here’s a quick video that shares my enthusiasm about why I think the books are so great! Take a peek and leave a comment below to share your favorite title and why you love Usborne books. Happy Reading!